Pay My Parking Ticket

There are several options available to pay parking ticket fines.

  • Paying in person at City Hall - 225 E. Portage Avenue, Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783. Payment can be made by cash, check, or credit card. If after normal business hours, there is a drop box available on the north side of City Hall. 
  • Payment can be made by check by mailing it to the Treasurer’s Office at the same address. Do not send cash through the mail.
  • Payment can be made using Down Town Sault Pay convenience fees will be applied to online transactions. 
  • Payment can be made by calling Customer Service at 906-632-5700

When paying by the City Hall drop box or the U.S. Mail include the ticket with your payment.

Tickets can be looked up for payment by using any of these options: ticket number, license plate number and state registered, or the vehicle VIN number.

Additional late fees will be applied on tickets not paid after 10, 30, & 60 days at $25, $30, and $35 cumulatively. 



If you feel a parking ticket was wrongfully issued, you may file an appeal. Your request will be reviewed by the Parking Appeal Committee and you will be notified of its decision.

The ticket will be held and late payment fees will not apply pending a final determination.

The Appeal Form can be completed at the Sault Ste. Marie Police Department at 401 Hursley Street, Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783. You must include a copy of the ticket with the form or the appeal will not be accepted.



To dispute either the Parking Appeal Committee’s decision or opt to bypass the appeal process you can file a Dispute Form at the Police Department.  You must include a copy of the ticket and a copy of your driver’s license with the form or the dispute will not be accepted.

If you dispute a local parking ticket, you will be mailed a State of Michigan citation for the alleged violation. You will be instructed to contact the 91st District Court to schedule an informal hearing. Attorneys are not allowed at informal hearings. Late fees will not accumulate during this process. If you are found responsible by the judge, additional court costs and fees may apply.