The Finance office is responsible for maintaining all financial, accounting and administrative records of the City. The Director serves as the City Treasurer. They handle the accounting, budgeting, bill payment, licensing/registration fees, parking fines and tax collection functions of the City of Sault Ste Marie. The Finance office makes all tax-deductible donations to the City for various community events and projects.
Internal City services
- Accounts Payable – payments to all City vendors
- Payroll – all City employees
- Pension - Police and Fire Pension System Administration
- Tax - collections and distributions to other taxing units and annual settlement
- Financial Reporting – internal financial statements, annual audit and external reporting
- Debt - Financing for capital projects as well as debt administration
Visit the Finance office to:
- Pay Bills:
- Water and sewer
- Real and personal property tax
- Special assessments
- Order final meter reads to discontinue water service
- Ask questions about your water bill rates
- Request service for meter read issues, high usage, leak adjustments, etc.
- Request name change on utility account
- Request tax information regarding:
- mortgage escrows
- interest and penalties on late payments
- delinquent tax amounts
- Request information on special assessments, including:
- current installment
- payment history
- payment schedule.
- Request information about City finances or budget
Use the menu on the left to access information on sales taxes, read our financial records and reports, or locate forms and applications to help you do business with the City.
225 E. Portage Ave
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783