The Human Resources Department provides support for the administration of policies, benefits, payroll, compensation, training, and recruitment. The HR Department is dedicated to attracting, retaining, and supporting a qualified workforce for the City of Sault Ste. Marie.
The City of Sault Ste. Marie is dedicated to equal rights and opportunities for all people, we are committed to fostering an organizational culture where all people are treated fairly, valued for their differences, and given equal opportunities to maximize their success.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain flexible benefit programs.
- Administer the recruitment and hiring programs for new employees.
- Provide employee benefits consistent with Federal and State laws.
- Negotiating labor agreements (Memorandums of Agreement) with unions who represent 7 bargaining units.
- Monitoring compliance with all labor contract terms and conditions of employment.
- Providing advice and counsel to City management on labor relations issues.
- Representing City departments in grievance and arbitration hearing
225 E. Portage Ave
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783