Per City Ordinance (sec 12-45) and fire department regulations the following provisions must be followed:
1. Pit must be no larger than 3 feet by 3 feet square
2. Pit must be made of metal or masonry material or natural rock
3. Fire to be used for the purposes of cooking food
4. Only firewood may be burned
5. No yard debris, construction or demolition material, garbage, or any other
man-made material shall be burned
6. Fire shall be under adult supervision at all times
7. Residential Cost $7/Commercial Cost is $50. User Fee Schedule
Wind directions shall be monitored at all times and due care and caution will be taken to keep smoke and embers from entering neighboring properties
Failure to comply with any of the above listed conditions may result in revocation of the burn permit. Violations may also result in a written citation. If, at any time, the Sault Ste. Marie Fire Department is dispatched due to a complaint at the above address the fire must be extinguished immediately.
Follow the link below to purchase your burn permit. Please print a copy of your receipt to present to the fire department if requested. By following the link below you agree to abide by the above provisions when burning within city limits.
Clerk/Fire Office Coordinator