Yes, the Fire Dept will respond to Carbon Monoxide detectors that are sounding. It is important to remember that Carbon Monoxide in your home can have a fatal effect. Since the Carbon Monoxide could be from a furnace or other heating appliance, a wood stove, or be gas related, it would need to be assessed immediately.
If your Carbon Monoxide detector sounds, or if you suspect someone has been affected by Carbon Monoxide, or if you smell natural gas or smoke, always call 911 immediately.
31st of January, 2011